At Avant Arte, we collaborate with some of the world’s top artists to produce exceptionally high quality print and sculpture editions. We currently have a significant and growing online community of art lovers, with over 2M followers on Instagram and engagement in line with the biggest youth fashion brands of today (our launches often sell out in minutes). We’re a small but growing company with big ambitions, and we believe high quality production and warehouse operations are core to our future success.
We are looking for a hardworking and ambitious Warehouse Manager who will work closely with our Head of Production & Logistics and Sales team to manage our warehouse operations and ensure orders get picked, packed and dispatched on time, with quality and care. The core of this role is to ensure that the post-purchase experience for Avant Arte collectors is second to none. It will also involve helping to build clear and regular communication of the status of inventory, orders and capacity with respect to the rest of the business.
The role is based in Amsterdam and is full time, initially on a fixed term 12-month contract, with a view to renewing at the end of this period. We’re looking to pay in the region of €35,000 to €42,000 per year, dependent on experience. Fluent spoken and written English is required.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Warehouse management and upkeep
- Ensuring the warehouse is maintained to enable efficient picking, packing and dispatching
- Overseeing freelance packing/handling technicians and training where required
- Preparation and support for launches
- Ensuring that editions, packing slips, certificates and other ancillaries (handling gloves, tote bags, etc.) are ready ahead of launch
- Working closely with internal teams in the lead-up to launches, communicating and coordinating readiness
- Inventory control
- Inventory ownership and control of all editions in the warehouse
- Controlling packaging inventory to ensure enough materials are always on hand
- Digital filing and folder management
- Oversight and management of shipping process
- Booking third country shipments (to/from production houses to artists for signing) as required
- Managing the post-sale shipping for all purchases to ensure any customs issues are dealt with as swiftly as possible
- Daily checking and reporting internally on order and delivery status
- Delivering works to our framing partner and returning the works once complete
- Art handling and quality control
- Ensuring that all orders are picked, packed, and dispatched to our collectors with exceptional care and attention
- Condition checking all artworks on arrival to our warehouse and prior to packing/shipping, communicating any issues internally in a timely fashion.
- Data & reporting
- Creating reports and gathering data on performance
WE'RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE
- Who actively takes ownership – you have exceptionally high standards and attention to detail in everything you do, big and small, and thrive in environments where you’re given lots of responsibility
- Who is comfortable with adapting to change and on-the-spot requirements that can arise when challenges occur unexpectedly and can handle peaks in demand
- Who always tries to stay a step ahead and can highlight any expected issues or concerns to the rest of the team
- Who is a quick learner and can adapt to using IT and warehouse management systems & who is comfortable with Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word) and can comfortably report on performance
- Who has a valid driver’s license in order to carry out local deliveries and collections required
- Who (ideally) has experience in or a background in art handling or luxury and high-end goods.